List of countries from where you can use Klarna:
Klarna was founded in 2005 in Stockholm, Sweden with the aim of making it easier for people to shop online. In the last 15 years, technology has evolved, excited and transformed the world around us, yet our mission remains as relevant as ever, to make paying as simple, safe and above all, smoooth as possible.
Klarna is now one of Europe’s largest banks and is providing payment solutions for 90 million consumers across more than 200,000 merchants in 17 countries. Klarna offers direct payments, pay after delivery options and instalment plans in a smooth one-click purchase experience that lets consumers pay when and how they prefer to.
When the company acquired SOFORT in 2014 the Klarna Group was formed. Klarna is backed by investors such as Sequoia Capital, Bestseller, Permira, Visa and Atomico.
Klarna is a part of The Klarna Group.
- Total end-customers: 90 000 000
- Total number of merchants: 200 000
- Number of transactions per day: 1 000 000
- Number of employees: 3 500
- E-commerce Market Share Northern Europe: 10%
How does Pay later with Klarna work in the UK?
Pay Later with Klarna is a payment method which allows you to buy now and pay later, meaning you only have to pay for the items that you keep.
Got a question about Klarna?
Who can use Pay Later with Klarna?
- Customers over the age of 18.
When can it be used to place an order?
- When placing an order in GBP on our UK website.
- You can't buy Kagmad gift vouchers using Klarna. If you have a gift voucher and you're spending more than its balance, you can pay the outstanding amount using Pay Later with Klarna.
- There's no minimum spend - simply add the items you love to your basket and head to checkout.
How do you pay using Pay Later with Klarna?
- When you get to checkout, click ‘change’ under payment type and select ‘Py Later with Klarna’.
- Enter your card information.
- Confirm your date of birth.
- Click 'Place order'.
- Confirm the phone number linked to your Kagmad account and enter the 4-digit verification code sent to you via SMS.
When do you have to pay for your order?
- Klarna will send you an email within 2 days of your order being placed with payment instructions.
- You'll have 30 days to complete the payment online. You can pay at your convenience, with no extra cost via credit or debit card.
- You'll receive a reminder two days before your payment is due, and you'll also receive email reminders.
Having trouble paying with Klarna?
If you have any trouble placing an order with Klarna, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Klarna may have rejected your application to pay on account. We'd recommend choosing another type of payment or placing an order for a smaller amount.
- Klarna may not have been able to check your details using the billing address that you've provided. You'll need to make sure that your billing address is the same address that your bank/credit cards are registered to.
- You may have outstanding payments on previous Klarna statements. Once these are paid off, try Pay Later with Klarna again. If you've recently paid off outstanding statements, please allow 24 hours before trying to pay through Klarna again.
- You may have missed a required field at the checkout, such as filling in your Date of Birth.
- If you haven't used Klarna before and you're shipping to a different address to your billing address, the payment may be declined.
Contact our customer service team
If you require additional assistance or have additional questions regarding how to checkout with KLARNA , please contact and our customer service team will be delighted to help you.Email.email@example.com